* * * Please remember to paddle smart and stay safe:
||Wear your PFD.
||Dress for immersion.
||Never Paddle Alone!
* * * Empire Kayak Classes: Again this year we are teaching weekend classes at Empire Kayaks. Make your kayaking
more fun and efficient this season by participating in the best instruction on Long Island. We offer classes at all levels. Join
the classes that best fit your needs. For details on content dates and times, please visit us at
CT PaddleCraft. Contact Empire Kayak at 516-889-8300 to register for
classes. Contact Elizabeth at 860-799-5459 with questions on content and requirements.
- ACA Quick Start - Kayak:Basic strokes and maneuvers
- Kayak Rescues Clinic:Kayak rescues and recoveries
- Kayak Rolling:Ultimate in self-rescue
- Combo Clinic:Kayak strokes and recoveries
- SUP Clinic:Standup Paddle Board (SUP) strokes and recoveries
* * * We have moved:We have moved our HQ across the sound to Connecticut where we now operate as Changing Tides PaddleCraft.
We still perform training on Long Island in various locations and will be happy to schedule classes and special events on request.
We wish to thank all our loyal students and friends and invite you to join us in CT when the opportunity presents itself. For more
on our current activities, please visit our CT Website at www.CTPaddleCraft.com. For
more information call Elizabeth at 860-799-5459.
* * * Private Lessons: Possibly your schedule is very busy or unique or perhaps you want to progress faster than the
group. Many people feel the need for one-on-one training, or prefer the security of a personal lesson. Two people may want
to learn together under semi-private conditions. It is always possible to schedule a special session to assess and improve
your skills. Download our Flyer for details.
Contact us to arrange for a custom program that meets your personal requirements.
Travel fees may apply.
* * * Group Lessons: Do you have several friends who would all like to learn paddling together? Would your club like
to schedule a custom training curriculum? Does your company want a special tour to foster "team building" among personnel?
we can meet your needs. Challenge us to arrange custom lessons and tours for your group at accomodating rates.
Contact us to arrange for special training or outings that fit your needs.
* * * Gift Certificates: Give the gift of safety, training and adventure to those you love
(or even yourself). Kayak or Canoe classes, clinics and tours make thoughtful gifts, and are available now. The gift of fun,
knowledge and skills will last a lifetime. What could be better?
Call 860-799-5459 to order your certificate.
* * * Skill Certification: We are proud to be to offer ACA Coastal Kayak skill Assessments for levels 1
through 4. These Assessments certify your skill level for activity participation and advanced training throughout the
United States. For more information visit the
* * * Trip Leader Training: We are certified to offer Trip Leader Training and Assessment through the
American Canoe Association. This is a two-day curriculum with exam.
Interested clubs, shops and camps, please inquire.
* * * Instructor Certification: SKSA and CTPC are certified to offer Instructor Development
Workshops and Instructor Certification Exams for Coastal Kayaking levels 1 through 4 through the American Canoe Association.
We invite inquiries from paddlers club leaders, and camp counselors throughout the Northeast region.
* * * Quick Classes: do you have a question on a particular concept? We have put together a series of short topical
lectures that answer some frequently asked questions. Peruse our Q-Class Archive to select the
lesson of your choice.
* * * Launch Sites: Many of our students and friends ask where they can go to launch their new boat. We decided to
put together a list of public put-ins as a service to our clients. Check out our kayak Put-in Page.
Please keep the list growing. Use our handy Form to provide updates, corrections or to let us
know of any we missed.